Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My amiga


While I sit to write my first blog, I can’t think of a good subject that could succeed to be the theme of my blog. Disappointed at not being able to think about a theme, I close my eyes and a number of color bands run through my eyes. From them, emerges a young girl in her teens walking through the door of a dead building (a new building that was quite deserted). I say dead because I had never seen anything so deserted in my life until now.

The thought of spending three years in a dead building with aliens around made me disheartened and my dreams sunk before they could even float. But now, my heart had a hope that I might survive. The girl walked in chewing a dead gum, holding a book (enough to use it for a full semester) and wearing a dupatta (which was the size of a bed cover). My disheartened face is instantly painted with a little gleam. My grey cells could instantly relate to the girl and I could somewhere identify myself with her.

We exchange pleasant smiles and sit across the ends of a long bench, ready to listen to a long lecture of "and all". I call it the "and all" torture because I had never heard a speech that was self boasting and full of "I"es. Bored by listening to the early morning torture, I look around to see the alien faces. My first stop being the girl sitting next. While I could see, many emotions around, the one thing that tied me with the aliens was the emotion of embarking a new journey of life.

Over the days, the girl who sat next to me became a friend, musketeer and a partner in crime. We shared every color that life had in store for us. Making the journey that we embarked several years ago the most beautiful and cherished.

As days passed, I developed a closer bond with the girl (who is now a friend), we practically did everything under the sun from studying to gossiping. Give us any topic and we can talk for hours and hours. Off course, we have difference of opinion, we probably debate on a lot of things but its a sheer joy to keep the communication rolling.

This blog is dedicated to my buddy, Asra Khan, who inspired me to write a blog and is probably the only person who reads every thing (from good to probably the most boring things) I write. Asra, this blog is to our friendship and is dedicated to our association over several years. I appreciate all the little things (the bigger ones as well ;)) you do and thank almigthy for the beautiful gift he has given me in you. Thank you!

Now that I have created a blog, I expect you to read and invite you to be my critic. You have an official role now, so, get to work.

To my readers, thank you for taking the time to read through. Please do drop in your comments and I will catch up with you in my next blog, till then take care and stay safe.

10 comments:

  1. Dont know what to comments but I can say you have started with something holds values in our life.

    Hope you will leave provision of posting comments for us!!!

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Simant! Yes, the person (Asra) and the meaning of friendship holds high value in my life.

    I shall keeping writing now so that you keep posting comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iam so touched....this is sooo cute,while i was reading ol old memories wer flashing my mind like ne thing,i fell so gud that ur 1st blog is for meee,it feels gr8 2 hav such a spl person like u in my life.

    thank u soooo much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asra, now that you have written about the first 'Ashu', its time you write about the other 'Ashu' and uske baad mera number aayega, hai na? Or, am I being too hopeful :) ...
    Anyway, jokes apart, I think you can write really well. I was reminded of my first day in college too! Keep the blogs rolling. Good luck :) - Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahhaaa.....thanks, Ash.

    ReplyDelete